The thing we love about golf is that everyone has their own "Golf Story". We hear stories about: remarkable recoveries to 50-yard impossible putts to running into sports idols on the course, to an ordinary day becoming extraordinary when you correct a problematic shot or shoot below par.
With its unique blend of physical activity, mental challenges, and social interactions, golf offers numerous benefits that extend far beyond the fairways.
Our vision is for girls, regardless of skill level or experience, to feel inspired and empowered to play the game. Here are our top 10 reasons to play golf.
- It's FUN! Don't believe us...grab a family member or even better one of your girlfriends and go to the driving range.
- Confidence-building! Mastering new golf skills, tackling challenging shots, and competing against oneself fosters a sense of accomplishment, boosting overall confidence levels both on and off the course.
- Physical fitness! Golf is a great way to stay physically active and improve overall wellness. Walking 18 holes can cover up to five miles combined with swing mechanics, weight transfer, and core engagement contribute to improved strength, flexibility, and coordination.
- Mental focus! Golfing requires you to focus on the task at hand, block out distractions, and analyze your shots strategically. These abilities translate to success in other areas of life.
- Friendship! The golf course is an excellent place to form lasting friendships. At camps, during group lessons, or at tournaments, girls can meet like-minded individuals and build connections.
- Sportsmanship! Golf instills the importance of adhering to rules, demonstrating integrity, and displaying good manners on and off the course, all things that can take you far on your own in life.
- Scholarship Opportunities! We are not the experts, but here is a fantastic article by the Next College Student Athlete (NCSA) for your deep dive into girls' golf and scholarships! https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-golf/scholarships
- Fresh Air! Spending time outdoors on lush green fairways, surrounded by beautiful landscapes, allows girls to enjoy fresh air, sunshine, and the serenity of the environment.
- Problem Solving! Golf is a game of constant adaptation and problem-solving. Every shot presents a new challenge, requiring you to analyze the situation, adjust your strategy, and execute it accordingly.
- Girl Power! We fully support girls playing golf and, in turn, breaking barriers and challenging stereotypes. Girls who golf step out of their comfort zones, overcome obstacles, and fearlessly pursue their passions.
Let us know anything we've missed...and we'll see you on the tee box!
Sign up for updates to receive information about new arrivals, future events and specials.